Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wedding Bells

For those in the mid-20s age range, it seems like every year is filled with weddings and baby showers. It looks like 2010 is going to be the year of weddings... another person just called tonight to announce their new engagement. 

I'd planned on being able to set aside some money next year towards major home repairs & renovations, to the tune of about $15,000. 

With these upcoming weddings, I think we might have to scale that back and only tackle one of the planned projects. Of the weddings that I'm aware of, I'm expecting that I'll be in the bridal party for at least two of them... and costing us a significant chunk of change for each! 

Bridesmaid's dress ($150). Bridesmaid shoes & accessories ($75). Dress alterations ($150). Up-do hairstyle ($50-75). Possibly nails (?). Bridal shower. Bridal shower gift. Bachelorette party. Wedding gift. Hotel accommodations for wedding night. 

Based on previous weddings that I've been in, the cost has been about $1000 *PLUS* the wedding gift. Yikes! 

1 comment: