Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Threw out the budget

I only had to work a half day last Friday, which started the weekend on an expensive note. Not only did I have to give up a few extra hours of pay to leave early, but then Hubby & I headed out to my favorite restaurant for a late-lunch ($29). We also ventured to Home Depot to pick up a few necessary supplies ($44). 

Then a friend came over to visit, and we treated her to dinner ($25). We went shopping on Saturday, and I bought some crafting supplies ($21). I'd hoped to spend about $25 total for dinner & shopping, but wasn't too bad. 

The trouble really started on Sunday though, after she left. Hubby & I decided to spend the day relaxing, and went out for lunch downtown ($18). We bought some new window treatments ($65), and we decided to buy something else ($800). 

The damage, $1002. It'll take a month or two to pay that credit card off, and I'll only be able to make minimum payments on my other credit card for the interim. I don't think it'll be possible to pay off my cards by the end of the calendar year... 

3 comments:

  1. setbacks suck - but just keep on keepin on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trailer, so that we can transport large items without having to go rent a truck every time we need something (like a sheet of plywood, or taking larger items to the landfill).

    ReplyDelete