Sunday, August 16, 2009

Shopping for Good Deals

For once I actually got up early and hit the stores to find some good deals. Our local Kmart was participating in the Super Double coupon promotion, where coupons for up to $2 will double. I picked up some lotion, cat treats, candles, oral hygiene products, and band-aids/gauze (about $30 worth in total) for $1.50

I hit up CVS for this week's freebies, more school supplies, some headphones, and mini first-aid kits. I also stopped off at the local grocery store to get some almost free air freshener (the sort that spray every so many minutes, for only $.29/ea - normally $12.99). I also picked up a few essentials, namely kitty litter and some stuff for the dog. 

Including the scoop of ice-cream that I stopped off for on the way, today's total was around $25. Not bad, and that leaves me with $25 left for other groceries for the rest of the week (and the pantry & fridge are pretty well-stocked right now). 

Of course, that says nothing about the $65 spent eating out this weekend. Or the $100+ at the home improvement superstore... 

No comments:

Post a Comment