Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Shopping

Went out to dinner, $20.
Picked up snacks at the store, $26.
Bought stand for the new flat-panel TV, $320.


For dinner, we used a coupon to save $4. Unfortunately, we already had dinner thawing in the fridge at home, but Hubby had a craving for something else. I probably should have insisted on eating at home (my dinner didn't taste very good, and was rather unhealthy).

We went way overboard on snacks. In fact, we went out shopping to buy some, then we went BACK to the store to buy more. Popcorn, candy, brownies, cake, frosting, sodas. About the only thing we bought that we actually needed was cat food.

The TV stand was more than I had wanted to spend (my original limit was $250), and was something we didn't really need either. We already have one that is in good condition and is plenty big/sturdy, but it's a modern style with glass shelves and it's difficult to keep clean. I wanted something a bit more traditional, made of wood and with doors, and I wasn't able to find much that I liked.

1 comment:

  1. you will have days like that --- just brush yourself off & start again :)

    ReplyDelete