Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bad News from work

My boss called me into his office today, telling me that he had some bad news. He didn't shut the office door, so I knew it wasn't going to be too serious...

But he told me that the VP of the company has denied my reimbursement request for the $469 review course I'm taking. It was previously approved by my immediate supervisor (after he double-checked with our Human Resources director about company protocol), and two other supervisors (each with a slightly higher level of authority) - and then when it went to the VP it was denied.

I had been checking the mailbox daily for the $469 check, so now I need to redo our budget and figure out how to cover the shortage. Most likely, I will carry a balance on the credit card that the class was charged, and will hopefully pay it off in late February or March instead.

1 comment:

  1. what a bummer - but thank heavens that it wasn't something more serious!

    ReplyDelete