Monday, October 5, 2009

Feeling broke

For quite awhile, it seemed like I was able to put nearly $1000 towards paying down the principal on my credit cards. But lately I just haven't been able to get much traction. 

With my husband's credit card payment nearly tripling in August, and our monthly take-home decreasing by $275/mo in July, we haven't had nearly as much wiggle room in our budget. Our income is down due to surgery and minor illnesses. And we've also spent quite a bit on home repairs & improvements. 

Last month I was only able to make the minimum payment on my credit card, a measly $98... it was no fun to update my tracking spreadsheet and see the balance only decrease by $60, when it usually drops several hundred dollars. 

This month it'll be more of the same. With some upcoming & recent social events, we're spending quite a bit on gifts for others. Auto insurance renewal will eat an extra $500. Next month we have insurance renewal for our other vehicle, quarterly water/sewer bill, and the start of our holiday gift shopping. 

1 comment:

  1. That is a bummer, but on the bright side, atleast you are able to drop to min payments right now to find a little extra to do things you need to do with :)

    ReplyDelete