Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mid-Month Budget Status: $850 short

I had projected that we would pay down the credit cards down by about $6200, and beef up the savings to $8000 (adding roughly $3000 to cover upcoming short-term expenses, while keeping the rest for an emergency fund). 

According to my current projects, the actual debt repaid during the month of July will be $5575, over $600 less than originally expected. I also won't be able to reach my goal of $3000 extra in savings, it'll end up being closer to $2750. 

With the extra paycheck and self-employment money, July is still a great month financially, and we'll make a huge dent. It's just frustrating that, only two weeks into the month, we're already $850 short of where I thought we would be. And I can't account for it all...!  

Auto expenses, $60. 
Textbooks, $80. 
Medical copays, $60.
Entertainment (4th of July), $75. 
Lunches at work, $40. 
Home Repairs, $65
TOTAL, $380. 

Since I never wrote down the July budget, because it was such a crazy month, I can't figure out how I set the debt/savings goals in the first place. I'm guessing that I perhaps overestimated the income coming in (we've been working fewer hours than anticipated, which means no overtime pay), and didn't include the items listed above. 





No comments:

Post a Comment