Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Anniversary Gifts

I've been pondering over anniversary gift ideas for awhile now, and debating whether I should buy anything at all. We did just take a short trip, and we bought a few souvenirs for my husband (and I think he'd be happy counting those as an anniversary gift). 

But I do want him to do something special for me, and I'd feel too selfish if I expected that of him but didn't do something in return. He's hinted at a few things he'd like, but they're all in the $100-400 range, which is way more than I want to spend. I'd love to buy him the things that he really wants, but I'd much rather be that much closer to having the credit card debts paid off.

One of the items he's mentioned is a new wedding band. The one he wants retails for around $300 at the local jewelry stores, and is online for $100. I searched on eBay and found one that looks identical for only $25. Now that's definitely in my price range! 

The listing said that it's brand new, and that the metals are genuine. I'm a little dubious, because it seems too good to be true, but I know jewelry tends to be marked up quite heavily, so I guess it's possible. I'm just hoping that it arrives soon, and that it is what the listing claimed. I don't think I'll tell hubby how much I paid for it though! 

1 comment:

  1. My plain gold band was under $50 on amazon, and they have an excellent return policy!

    ReplyDelete