Thursday, December 17, 2009

Great News from Work

Not only was my bonus slightly larger than I'd hoped for ($1200 after taxes), but I also received a 1.9% raise. In this economy, I thought that was pretty darn good!

My boss also just told me that I will be able to get at least partially reimbursed for a review course that I'll be taking in the spring. It's something I wanted to take, it's entirely optional, and most of the other people at our company who have taken it have paid for it out of pocket, so I was not expecting to get any reimbursement for it. But I figured I didn't have anything to lose by asking, and I ended up being pleasantly surprised!

The course is $600 for non-members, or $525 for members (including the first year's membership fee).

I signed up for the latter, figuring it was worth it to save $75 and then I just won't renew my membership after it expires. Because of company policy, I won't be able to get the $55 membership fee reimbursed, but I will likely get either half or all of the $470 balance back.

No comments:

Post a Comment