Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Gifts

We are buying gifts for a short list of immediate family members only - six people in all.  My original goal was to spend less than $100 on Christmas gifts this year. Hubby & I hadn't planned to buy anything for each other. 

I decided to splurge on something that I know he's been wanting, and spent $300. I think he'll be pleasantly surprised, but it is rather pricey. 

We'd purchased a gift for Hubby's father a few months ago, but his sister suggested going in on a gift for his parents. We can use the gift we purchased for another occasion, perhaps Father's Day, but it'll mean more money right now. We're still waiting on the final dollar amount, but it'll be somewhere in the $30-50 range. 

I found several items for my mom and sister, and was able to match up some coupons with sales. I ended up buying a few extra things (some of which I'll put away for a later date), but it cost $60. 

I still need to find something for my dad and for my brother-in-law. I can get something fairly inexpensive for BIL, but it'll be a bit harder for my dad. I want to get something that he'll enjoy, and it'll mean spending more than budgeted (but would at least be consistent with what we've spent on other family). 

1 comment:

  1. good luck keeping close to your budget with the remaining people... I know I blew mine :(

    ReplyDelete