Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Spilled Milk

Accidents happen. Sometimes I just wish they would happen to someone else... 

Like the spilled milk in my car - all over the seat and floor - on a nearly 90-degree summer day. The lid must have popped off, and sudden braking sent it flying. Ooops!  I tried to soak it up with paper towel, and then I used soapy water to blot it up. I used a carpet cleaning solution (with an odor neutralizer!) and a wet/dry vacuum to suck it up. 

But my car still smells, like spoiled milk.

And although we're trying to pay debt off as quickly as possible, I'm not going to drive around in a smelly car for the next six months. I could rent a commercial upholstery cleaner and see if that'll take care of it, but sometimes it's worth it to pay a professional. 

I called our local automotive detailing store to get prices. They want $60 to shampoo the interior carpets/seats, or $100 to detail the interior. I had my old car detailed there (right before I sold it!), and I remember thinking that it was the best $100 I'd ever spent - and wondering why I hadn't done it before then. 

I think the $60 will be well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment